QuickBooks is equipped with many features to ensure that your accounting experience is easier. The QuickBooks Point of Sale is one of those features.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is an influential platform that allows users to track sales, customers, and inventory efficiently. It is accessible in two versions–the Basic and the Pro. QB Point of Sale has been designed to encourage the customer service of your business and meet their needs. It tracks the customer’s information and comes up with a variety of features to maintain customer loyalty and encourage repeat sales.
These features include tracking their past purchases so that you are aware of what products they prefer to buy.
How to install QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Firstly, go to the place where you saved QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale when you downloaded it.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Point of Sale executable file to run the Point of Sale installation.
- If prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files, select Yes to All.
- To begin the installation, choose Next.
- Meanwhile, read the Software License Agreement.
- Choose I accept the terms in the license agreement if you agree.
- Choose Next.
- Enter your License and Product numbers.
- Select Next.
- Finally, choose the number of computers for Point of Sale:
- If it is a Single User, select Only this computer and follow the installation process.
- If there are multiple Users: choose Two or more computers and select if it is the Server or Client workstation
- Server Workstation: A server workstation is the first workstation in which you can get the QB POS. The server workstation creates and stores your company data.
- Client workstation: The client workstation is the cash register used to support customers in their daily sales and simultaneously has access to the QuickBooks program.
If you need to change the installation type of the POS from server to workstation or from workstation to server, you should uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Select Install to go forward, or choose Back if you have to go back and review any of the previous steps.
- You might have to restart your computer and then open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- After installation, activate QuickBooks Desktop POS.
What are the merits of QuickBooks Point of Sale?
There are several benefits to QuickBooks POS. Some of them are:
- You can use QB POS as a service both online and in mobile.
- It is designed for small, medium, and large businesses.
- QB POS lets you accept payment via credit cards.
- It also makes inventory management and customer management much easier
- Additional hardware such as bar-code scanners and receipt printers to use with the Point of Sale software.
- It simplifies basic daily tasks because of its user-friendly interface and it doesn’t require high-level knowledge.
- It automatically updates your inventory without you needing to put information manually.
- QuickBooksPOS speeds up the credit card payment process with just a click.
- Support is a welcome addition for QB Point of Sale.
- In case the FAQs don’t have the answer to your issue, you can count on the phone support of QB Point of Sale to support any issues and problems you may have. Their online videos are also extremely helpful in providing a basic overview of the product and allows you to get familiar with the software before purchasing it.
Finally, these are the various features and benefits of QuickBooks Point of Sale. If used effectively, it can improve the performance of your business immensely.