At times while using QuickBooks Payroll, users face an issue like QuickBooks “Failed to Send Usage Data” Error while update which generally occurs due to the incorrect time zone of the desktop. This article gives in-depth knowledge about the error, its causes, and troubleshooting solutions.
Alternatively, a user can resort to taking help from QuickBooks support. You can call on QuickBooks helpline number and seek professional assistance from dedicated specialists.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error “Failed to Send Usage Data”?
QuickBooks Payroll error occurs if the time zone is incorrect on your PC or laptop. If a user creates a copy of an Accountant, then also the error is encountered.
Please note that the specified Payroll error message can appear in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000. Therefore, it is important for a user to know his windows version for solving the error successfully.
How to resolve the QuickBooks Failed to Send Usage Data error?
It is important to solve the error for proper accounting transactions and timely payment of salary and outstanding dues. Listed below are three solutions for solving the error.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6147?
Solution 1: First troubleshooting method.
- A user needs to go to the employees and then click on My Payroll service option.
- After this, you need to manage your Service Key.
- Now, select the Edit option and move on to the next step.
- Check your dialog box on an Open Payroll Set-up and click on the Finish tab. This will send a prompt to your service key button and will activate it.
- After this, come back to the main setting page.
- Go to the employees and click on ‘My Payroll Service’.
- After this, you need to click on ‘send usage data’.
If the above steps do not resolve the error, then move on to the next method.
Solution 2: In this method check the date and time of the file location in your system. For Windows 7, follow the underneath steps.
- Firstly, open your desktop and double-click on date and time that is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are unable to change the date and time from the system, then follow this alternative step. Go to Start option or press Window button on your keyboard.
- Click on the Control Panel and choose the Clock, Language, and Region option.
- In the next window, other options like date and time settings and region and language are displayed.
- You need to select the Date and Time option and click on OK.
- After this, check that the time and date are correct or not.
For Windows 8, follow the underneath steps.
- Click on Control panel > Select Clock, Language, Region option.
- Under the date and time, a user needs to click on Set the date and time.
- Now select Change date and time settings.
- Under the date and time tab, select Change date and time button.
- You need to choose the correct date and time and click OK.
- To alter the time zone, select the Change Time Zone button and then select the preferred time zone.
- If the user is I daylight saving time zone, click on the tick-box mentioning Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time.
- Click OK and now check that the date and time are correct or not.
Solution 3: In this method check that if there exists an Accountant’s copy or not.
- If an Accountant’s copy exists, you need to remove the restrictions manually or wait until you get the Accountant’s copy.
- After this, try to send to Intuit.
- If the error still persists, then delete all the online transactions that have been sent.
- From the top Menu bar, click on the Edit option. Then press Ctrl+ F key on your keyboard.
- After this, click on the Advanced Tab. In the Filter box, choose the following options.
- Go to drop down menu > Choose the filter Detail Level > Select Summary only.
- From the drop down menu > Choose the filter Online Status > Select Online to Send.
- Go to drop down menu > Choose the filter Posting Status and choose the Filter.
- Now, click on the Find button from the top right corner of Find screen.
- Now review the results. If you locate any non-Payroll transaction, then complete their processing.
- When you find pay checks, you need to delete them immediately and try to send to Intuit again. If it is successfully done, then you need to recreate the pay checks.
If the above three solutions do not come in handy for solving the error, then you can contact QuickBooks error support number.