If you have been using QuickBooks software for payroll and accounting purposes, you may come across QuickBooks Error H505. It is quite obvious that getting this QuickBooks Error H505 flash on the screen can halt your accounting work, and you may have no idea about such an error.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
The QuickBooks Error Code H505 is basically a code belonging to a group of errors that occurs when users try accessing a company that isn’t located on their system. The error can also occur when the user tries to access a file that isn’t properly configured. Error H505 code is one of the series codes including- Error Codes – 6000 82, H101, H202, and H303. These errors can appear for the same reason.
What causes QuickBooks Error H505?
- The .ND file is damaged
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings
- When you try to access the file placed in other system, but the software fails to reach the server
- QuickBooks software is unable to communicate with shared connection
- When trying to open the company file placed in other computer, but required additional installation.
- The hosting configuration setting isn’t correct
You May Also Read: QuickBooks scan manager
Solution for QuickBooks Error Code H505-
If you are facing Error H505 in QuickBooks, then there are some solutions that you can try to resolve.
Solution 1- Verifying Hosting Process-
In many cases, QuickBooks Error Code H505 appears where one computer serves as a host but doesn’t have the hosting option enabled. So you need to make sure that only one computer carries a hosting option. Here is how you can do-
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to file- utilities
- Here you will see Host-Multi user access option, which means that the system isn’t hosting the company file and is completely safe to move on to other system.
- If you don’t see any option, then don’t change anything
Solution 2- Creating Exception setting for Firewall-
- Firstly, click start- Control Panel
- Control panel- search for Firewall Settings
- Firewall settings- Allow program through Firewall
- Click Add Program- Add QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list
- Finally, restart the system
Solution 3- Editing the host file on Windows-
In many cases, it may be necessary to edit the Windows host file and add a web server in the whitelist. For this step, you need to follow the right instructions carefully. Here is the step-
- On the server, use Windows Key +R key to open the Run dialog box
- After that, type CMD to open the Command Prompt window
- Type ipconfig and enter to run the command
- Finally, copy the Host Name and IP address. Repeat the process for workstations and computers in multi-user environment.
To edit the Windows Hosts file-
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks and go to start menu. Make sure to navigate-C: \Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\
- In case, you can’t see Windows folder in This PC- Local Disk C, make sure to view hidden files and folders-
- After that, click on the View tab on File Explorer menu and click on Hidden Items. Here, File Explorer will show the hidden files.
- Right click on the Hosts file on the folder choose Open with and open the file with Notepad
- Enter the IP address and type in the Computer Name. During this process, use Tab Key instead of space bar
- Once done, apply the changes and reopen the QuickBooks in the multi-user mode
Connect with QuickBooks experts-
There are few more solutions that you can try to Fix QuickBooks Error H505. However, if you still face issues on using the software and see Error H505 flashing, then connect with QuickBooks Technical support Phone Number. The support team will assist you in solving the issue and using the software easily.