Intuit Inc’s QuickBooks carries an error of QuickBooks Error H202.This mainly occurs as the company file is missing from your system. As a matter of fact, QuickBooks Error Code H202 has direct attachment to security or damaged file problems.
However, QuickBooks is asuperb accounting software application by Intuit Inc. which is certainly bound to face various uncertain errors. In this blog, we will openly discuss about one of the common errors of QuickBooks i.e., QuickBooks Error H202.
The main reason which germinates this error is due to multi-user mode. A feature is there in QuickBooks known as Multi-User Mode, in which various users can work on the same company file, altogether.
You shall remember one thing that – if an error has taken place, there will always be the reasons circling around it.
Discuss Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H202.
Way 1 Network Testing
- Firstly, you will need to launch QuickBooks on your system.
- Next step is you have to locate File Menu and then select Utilities. From there, Turn Off Hosting.
- Press Windows Key, and then type – “This PC”.
- Then, you have to click on the Network option to ensure that all the network icons are visible from the window pane located on the left side of the screen.
- In the next step, you have to manage the workstations by pining them one by one. Then, ping your system having QuickBooks server.
- Lastly, open Command Prompt and type the syntax: ping [Computer Name] and then click Enter.
Way 2 Go for QBCDT
- Firstly, make sure you have QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool in your system.
- Secondly, launch the application.
- Make a list of IP address is visible when the tools launches.
- Go for Open Ports Button in the firewall software section.
- Proceed as per the instructions on the screen.
- Lastly, launch the file on the computer system which was giving Error Code QuickBooks H202.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 1603
Details on QB Firewall Ports
- QuickBooks 2016 firewall Ports:In QuickBooks 2016 version, the ports available are 8019, 56726, 55368-55372.
- QB 2017 firewall Ports:There are firewall ports such as 8019, 56727, 55373-55377 in QB 2017 version.
- QuickBooks 2018 Firewall Ports: The integrated ports like 8019, 56728, 55378-55382 are in QB 2018 version.
- QB 2019 does not have any static Firewall Ports: QB 2019 version download firewall ports from the QB servers automatically.
Way 3 Join QuickBooks Server Information into a new one, i.e., Windows Host File
- Firstly, locate the windows host file. The path is (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc). This is applicable where the system is having the issue.
- You have to surely navigate the location of your Windows Host File on your system.
- You can select option after going through the windows host file. Then, afterwards open Notepad.
- Directly go the bottom of the file and note down the IP Address.
- Now, use your keyboard’s TAB button and then write QuickBooks Server Name on the dialog box.
- Lastly, save all the progress till now you made.
Way 4 Move your QuickBooks Company File Storage
- Firstly, in your C: drive, generate a new folder.
- Now, you have to select both files – company file & .TLG file, from the company file, and copy them.
- Then, you have to generate a new Company file, and go to its folder.You have to copy the file there in that dedicated site on your system.
- Lastly, it’s better to open the file in multi-user mode. Open in this mode only.
Way 5 Setup Your QBDB Server Manager
- Firstly, type msc, and then turn your cursor to the Services Icon.
- Look for QuickBookDBxx (xx = QuickBooks version) in that service list.
- When you find QuickBooksDBxx, disable or stop that service.
- You can start the service by selecting the option: Automatic, and then go to Start.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks software, and then go to the file to launch it.
Our QuickBooks Support
To sum up this blog, Fix QuickBooks Error H202 is a menacing error deeply linked to the lines of QuickBooks software application.
Our QuickBooks technical support phone number: the team is there to help you out from QuickBooks Error H202 and will surely Fix QuickBooks Error H202.