If you are using QuickBooks software for your company’s payroll and accounting management, then you must have come across QuickBooks Error 6129 O. Facing errors while using the software is common, the reason for which may differ. These errors can halt your accounting work and can be time-consuming if facing regular issues.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129 O?
The QuickBooks Error 6129 O appears when the user creates an original company file in the software. The error can also appear when you have already opened the available file. The error message you will see is- Error message: Database connection confirmation failure follow the Error code: -6129, 0
Why this QuickBoooks Error Code 6129 O?
There are different reasons why you will come across Error 6129 O in QuickBooks. Some of the reasons are-
- Third party antivirus
- Damaged Network Data file
- Upgrading company file to new version of QuickBooks Desktop using Non-Window Administrator profile
- Mismatch between domain of client and server
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129 O
There are different solutions recommend by experts to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6129 O. There are 4-5 solutions that you can try out for the solution. Below mentioned are a few of the solution steps that need to be followed on an orderly basis-
In case while updating company file-
The very first thing to do is open the new file to check if the error is on the company file or with all files of the company. For this step, don’t log in using your own administrator login details.
Follow this solution if experiencing easy-step interview-
- Click on leave when you are in Easy-step interview
- If you see the message of Save the file, then click on yes
- Make sure to add a unique name while saving the file
If you are using Safe Mode on Windows, then disable antivirus-
- When you are disabling antivirus software, never run the internet. Once you complete the process performing below mentioned steps, you can start running internet.
- Create another company file
- Keep the system in normal mode and restart it
- Open the QuickBooks software and open the company file
Renaming the QuickBooks Network Descriptor Files-
- The very first step is to find out .nd. files from the hard drive hosting shared folder of QuickBooks company file
- Right-click on Network Descriptor files with the name of QuickBooks company file and rename it
- Type .Old when you enter the file name, press Enter and you will see the file name as- Company file name.qbw.nd.OLD
- Click the start button of Windows and select Program- QuickBooks-QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click Scan Folders
- In case of no folder containing company file, then click Add Folder and Add it
- Click the scan and close when scanning is done
Along with the above-mentioned steps, there are few steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129 O. But perform these steps accurately and on an orderly basis to get the result.
QuickBooks Desktop Support:
In case, you are confused with any of the mentioned steps and the problem still persist, then connect with QuickBooks experts for further assistance. The QB Desktop support team will help in getting Error 6129 O resolved.