QuickBooks has been specially designed by Intuit that helps its users in tracking the sales and expenses of their businesses. Users can avail of many features and functionalities after purchasing this accounting software. After being such a popular and great software, users may get stuck into various error codes due to which they will be unable to continue the work on QuickBooks.QuickBooks error 6123 is one such error that might be interrupting your work.
In this blog, you can learn the causes of QuickBooks error code 6123 and the solutions to fix it.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks Error Code 6123 takes place at the time of restoring QuickBooks company files from a backup hard disk or while launching the company file from the multi-network server. Due to this error, the user will be unable to work on the company file. So it becomes necessary to get rid of the error 6123 instantly.
Let’s check out the causes behind QuickBooks Error Code 6123.
Causes behind QuickBooks Error 6123
The following is a list of causes due to which the user might be facing Error 6123.
- When the user attempts to launch the company file from an external storage device.
- You may get the error due to the network connection from the host server.
- If the QuickBooks company data file is damaged, then you may encounter QuickBooks error code 6123.
- QuickBooks is restricted to open the company file due to firewall settings.
- You also may face the QuickBooks error 6123 due to the damaged Windows.
After knowing the causes for error 6123, you may know the solutions to fix this error immediately.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
You can attempt the following solutions in order to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6123:
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks
- Firstly, you need to uninstall the existing QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- You need to have your Product and License number.
- Download the version of QuickBooks according to your business needs.
- Follow the instructions to download QuickBooks software.
- You have to enter your Product and License number.
- Finally, you can open the company file.
Solution 2: Make a new Window user
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel.
- Choose Create New User by choosing the User icon.
- For the user type, click on the Administrator.
- You need to log out of the existing Windows.
- Restart the PC and login again by using the new user credentials.
- Save the company file to the desktop.
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Open the company file.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, you need to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Now, search for the company file.
- Choose Check File Damage Only and then, click on Diagnose File.
- Type the Admin Password and choose OK.
- Choose Open File in Newer Version in the existing version.
- You need to follow the instructions displaying on the screen.
- Reboot the PC.
Solution 4: Give new names to.ND and.TLG Company Files
- Firstly, launch the folder in which the company file exists.
- Choose the .ND file of your company.
- You need to right-click on the company file and choose Rename.
- Now, choose .TLG file and rename it.
- You need to add .OLD at the end of .TLG file.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks company file.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Tools hub
- Firstly, shut down QuickBooks.
- Now, download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub file and save it on the desktop.
- You need to open the file knwon as (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- After that, follow the instructions displaying on the screen and agree the terms and conditions.
- After the installation gets completed, launch the tool hub by clicking on the icon on your Windows Desktop.
Solution 6: Access Quick Fix my Program
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub and choose Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program. It can take a long time if you have multiple versions of QuickBooks in your system.
- After that, you need to open QuickBooks and check whether the issue has been resolved.
All the required solutions of QuickBooks Error 6123 have been mentioned in the above blog. In case, you are unable to resolve the error 6123 from your end and facing issues while applying any of the aforementioned solutions, then do not fret. We are here to deal with every issue related to QuickBooks. You just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Q1: How to restore a company file in QuickBooks desktop?
A: The first step is to open QuickBooks and go to the File menu. After that, choose Open or Restore Company to launch the restore window. Now, select Restore a backup copy (. QBB) and choose Next. Finally, select Local backup > Next.
Q2: How to recover data from QuickBooks?
A: Given below are the steps to recover the lost data from Auto Data Recovery.
- Initially, launch the folder where you have stored the company file.
- After that, make the file extensions visible if required.
- Launch the ‘QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery’ folder and you will get two files having extensions with (.QBW.ADR) & (.QBW.ADR.OLD)
- Finally, copy the Auto Data Recovery file to a new folder.
Q3: How can you resolve a QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
A: The unrecoverable error in QuickBooks usually occurs while trying to closing any open window in a company file. Here are the possible ways to fix the same.
Solution 1: Stop QuickBooks by launching all Windows at the startup.
Solution 2: Copying the file to the desktop.
Q4: How to resolve error 6129 in QuickBooks?
A: Follow the solutions written below to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6129.
- Turn off antivirus by using safe mode.
- Renaming theQuickBooks software.
- Ensure that the PC is working on a single domain.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
Q5: How can you find a company file in QuickBooks?
A: Given below are the steps to find the company file in QuickBooks.
- First of all, go to the Applications folder and select QuickBooks.
- After that, close the “QuickBooks Desktop Setup” window.
- Now, choose Open or Restore an Existing company.
- Select Open a company file and then tap on Next.
- Finally, choose the file location.