QuickBooks is one of the prominent software for accounting purposes. However, many times, the user faces major error codes and bugs while working on the software. QuickBooks error 1328 is the most common error faced by QB users that mainly occurs when the software is being installed or uninstalled. Or, while trying to repair or update QuickBooks to the most recent maintenance release.
This blog post includes the possible causes of the error, their symptoms, and solutions to deal with the same error.
What does QuickBooks Error 1328 indicate?
QuickBooks Error Code 1328 may happen while updating the software. This error mainly represents a common error that occurs during the software program’s update or installation. The problem notice is displayed on the screen, along with its information and several choice buttons. The file reference in the error has the same path as C: config.msi but is represented differently. The QuickBooks error message 1328 can be fixed by looking into the probable causes of the problem.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1328?
The user may come across the error code through different identifications, some of them are as follows.
- You will be unable to upgrade your QuickBooks software.
- It will be difficult to complete the software repair process.
- An error message displays frequently on the screen.
- Windows has a sluggish reaction time or crashes often.
- QuickBooks program is slow to respond or crashes from time to time.
What may cause QuickBooks Error1328?
Here is a complete list of all the possible causes that might be accountable for QuickBooks error code 1328.
- When you are facing issues while downloading the QuickBooks software.
- Due to invalid entries in the Windows registry, you may face QB error 1328.
- An unexpected power outage causes the system to shut down incorrectly.
- Malicious malware assaults might cause QuickBooks error 1328.
- While managing your business accounts, a poor system configuration might potentially cause the error code.
- Another cause on the long list is an incorrect installation procedure.
- Any network outage might stop the download or installation process, resulting in QuickBooks error code 1328.
How to overcome the QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Numerous solutions are available on the web to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1328. You may have a glance at the following solutions one after another.
Solution 1: RepairQuickBooks Installation Process
- Initially, log in to Windows using the Admin credentials.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel tab and then choose Program & Features.
- Now, a QuickBooks product heading will appear where you have to select the uninstall option.
- After that, go to the repair option when the QuickBooks installer option appears.
- Run QuickBooks and then apply patches.
- Lastly, verify if QuickBooks error code 1328 has been fixed.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Registry Repair tool
- The initial step is to apply any registry tool and repair the damaged registry entries related to QuickBooks.
- Now, access the malware removal tool to deal with malware infectious attacks.
- After that, remove all the unwanted or junk files from the PC.
- Uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers and restore the changes by selecting Undo via Recent System Changes.
- Now, you need to reinstall QuickBooks and launch the Windows System File Checker to scan the company files.
- Lastly, install the latest Windows Updates.
Solution 3: Locating the Config.MSI File
- The first step is to right-tap on the start key and then select Explore.
- Double-click on the C drive key and then choose Hidden Files or Folders.
- After that, go to the Tools optionwhere you need to select the Folder.
- Choose the view the tab option and then select all hidden files as well as folders.
- To save all changes, press Ok.
- Right-tap on config.msi and then choose Rename.
- To give new names to the files, add .Old at the end of the company file name. And then, choose Enter.
- Lastly, you can now easily hide the operating system files.
Solution 4: Using the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and save it on the desktop.
- Close all the backend applications to run the QBInstall tool.
Note: The installation procedure might take more than 20 minutes to complete. It depends upon the speed of your system and the internet speed.
- Finally, launch the system again and ensure to update the QuickBooks components.
Solution 5: Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Now, do a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Or, install QuickBooks from the installation CD Drive or through a downloaded file into your PC.
- At last, if you have encountered any issue while installing the program, get in touch with us.
Expectantly, you have got all the required solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1328 after reading the whole post. In case, above mentioned steps don’t give you the desired result, you can reach us for more assistance. Our team will help you out to solve the same error code without hampering your system. To get connected with us, you need to dial a toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number.
Have you faced QuickBooks Error 1328 at the time of installation of the QuickBooks software? Check out this informative post to fix the same.
Q1: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Errors?
First step 1: Download & Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
After then Step 2: Using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Or Step 3: Updating your Windows.
Final step 4: Manually resolve Windows components.
Q2: What to do if you can’t access the company file in QuickBooks?
A: The first step is to choose the Edit menu and then choose Preferences. After that, go to the Desktop View tab and click the ‘Don’t save the desktop’ option. Now, press OK and restart QuickBooks along with the company file.
Q3: How to unfreeze my QuickBooks?
A: Here are the steps to unfreeze the QuickBooks accounting software.
- First of all, open Task Manager and highlight all applications that start with. QB, Intuit, or QuickBooks.
- After that, choose the End Task option.
- Finally, select Task Manager Window.
Q4: How to repair QuickBooks desktop?
A: The initial step is to select QuickBooks from the list of Programs and choose Uninstall/Change. After that, choose to Continue> Repair. Finally, choose next.
Q5: How to repair a QuickBooks file?
A: Given below are the steps to resolve the data damage in QuickBooks files.
- Initially, choose the File menu and select Utilities.
- After that, select Rebuild Data.
- Choose OK when QB information Window displays on the screen.
- Allow the tool to detect the issue and repair the company file.
- And then, click OK.
- Again, choose the File menu and allow the tool to check the file for data issues.