QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software which has been solving all the accounting needs of small and medium enterprises. In this article, we are going to take you through a wide range of methods that Bill Management in QuickBooks has to offer from which you may choose your ideal step to creating your bill payment.
The first and the foremost method to pay a bill is from the Suppliers Page. Therefore, given below are the steps for the same.
- Firstly, choose Suppliers.
- After that, tap on Pay Bills: At the top of the Supplier’s Page, there are two options considering filtering the bills you desire to pay. You may select to see each pending bill or due bill.
- Check or select on the supplier bill you would wish to pay
- QuickBooks will automatically show the information considering this specific bill. For instance: the supplier’s name, invoice number, terms, and the amount due
- Enter the amount that is required to pay. (You can enter partial payments if full payment will put the books into the red.)
- Tap on the account to pay from
- Press the Pay Selected Bills and the payment will be in effect.
- Click on Save and Close.
Note: Contact QuickBooks Support and QuickBooks Online Support to let us help you better with Bill Management in QuickBooks.
As soon as you perform the steps above, QuickBooks proceeds to complete the bill payment and it’s done.
It processes the same by filling in the following fields:
1. The supplier name (payee).
- Account: This will default to the main account you created in QuickBooks. In case you have a variety of accounts made, you can choose to modify a different one from the drop down list.
- no.: QuickBooks allots the next cheque number in the Ref. no. field.
- Amounts: QuickBooks assumes that you are paying the entire amount together. However, you get the chance to choose to make a partial payment or the entire one as prescribed.
- Outstanding Transactions: QuickBooks lists the outstanding pending bills for the chosen supplier. In case you desire to finish the payments against only a few bills, check or uncheck them using the box to the left of the bill description.
Setting Reminders for bill payments:
- Firstly, tap on the Edit menu.
- Secondly, click Preferences under the edit menu and a new window will open
- Under the preferences, tap on the Reminders menu.
- Now, check the box “show reminder list when opening a company file.”
- Select the company preferences menu and set the Bills to Pay. Check the button which is appropriate for you and also enter the number of days to get the reminder from QuickBooks.
- Choose OK and the window will shut down. QuickBooks will remind you of unpaid and overdue bills once this is set up.
- Finally, you can also press Reminders and Alerts and view the current reminders on the home page of QuickBooks.
Checking reports pertaining to bills payment and receiving
Step 1: Tap on Reports.
Step 2: Tap on Suppliers or Vendors and Payables.
After you complete the steps above, you will receive a number of key reports that may assist you while supervising and managing your business.
1. A/P Aging summary.
2. A/P Aging detail.
3. Supplier balance summary
4. Supplier balance detail.
5. Pending bills detail.
6. Transaction list by the supplier.
We hope this article could help you in understanding all about QuickBooks successfully. In case, you still have further queries we will guide you to fix them by connecting with us at QuickBooks Support and QuickBooks Online Support for more. In this way, we can help you in a better manner.