If you are using QuickBooks Online, facing Internet Explorer Script Error while printing in QuickBooks Online, and receiving a pop-up saying “Internet Explorer Script error” that is slowing or freezing your webpage, this article is the right stop for you. Here, we will train you on how you can get rid of this problem in different ways. So without further ado, let’s get started with this so that the next time this occurs, you know exactly how to deal with it.
Why Internet Explorer Script Error appears while Printing in QuickBooks Online?
- It may arise in case the account number or name is already present while functioning.
- The account of bill or dues imported differ from the account due.
- When you import a deal the account is not made until now.
How to resolve Internet Explorer Script Error?
- Firstly, check if there are any latest Adobe reader updates. Now, fix the Adobe Reader.
- Uncheck the Display PDF in Browser preference or Allow Web Fast View option.
- Visit the Edit Menu in Adobe Reader or Acrobat application.
- Click on Preferences.
- Meanwhile, choose the Internet.
- Deselect the Display PDF option in Browser or Allow Fast Web View option.
- After that, tap on OK.
- Exit Adobe Reader or Acrobat application.
- Log back into your company and reattempt the printing process.
- If you face any issues while following the above steps, you can contact QuickBooks Support.
How to Update Adobe Reader?
You may perform the update either automatically, from the website, or manually.
Perform Automatic Update
- Initially, open Adobe Reader or Acrobat application
- Visit the Help -> Check for Updates
- Lastly, the updater window will help you through the installation process to install recent updates
Update Adobe Reader from the Website
Step 1: Visit https://get.adobe.com/reader. The web page will automatically detect your OS and Adobe version
Step 2: If you find the latest version, tap on Install Now
Step 3: A file downloads. Open it and proceed as per instructions.
Updating Adobe Reader Manually
- Firstly, open Adobe Reader or Acrobat application
- Click Help->Adobe Reader or Acrobat
- Create a note of the version
- Finally, visit supportdownloads.adobe.com. Check if there are any latest updates
Step 5: Tap on the installer and follow the installation process
How to fix Adobe Reader or Acrobat Application?
- Firstly, exit all the Adobe applications from all the web browser windows.
- Choose the Start button in your Windows OS.
- Visit the Control Panel in your Windows OS.
- Meanwhile, tap on Add or Remove Programs or Program & Features.
- Now, open Adobe Reader or Acrobat application.
- Tap on Change or Uninstall/Change.
- In the Dialog Box, choose Next, then, Repair, and then again tap on Next.
- Choose Install.
- Finally, wait for the process to complete. Now, tap on Finish.
Step 10: Restart the machine. Log back in & reattempt the printing works.
In case, the above solutions fail to help, or you face issues regarding the same, you may feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Technical Support. Here you may speak to our QuickBooks team members who are always available at your service. We heel glad to help you and you are always welcomed to our team for any help. Furthermore, if you need business advice regarding QuickBooks and so on, you may count on us for assistance.