While downloading QuickBooks Desktop update or payroll subscription, you may encounter an error that displays that the update process has failed. Because of it, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 15102.
This article will give a detailed view of the causes of the error and provide steps to resolve it successfully.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 15102 and why it occurs?
The error is generally faced by a user while downloading a payroll or updating QuickBooks Desktop. The user receives an error message displaying that “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”.
It may occur when a specified download location is not accessible or invalid. Or, when you have switched on the shared download. It also happens when QuickBooks Desktop is running in a terminal services environment in the multi-user mode. The specified error may display sometimes when a user is using Windows as an Admin.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102?
Below are the steps which a user needs to follow properly for achieving the desired results and resolving QuickBooks error 15102 successfully.
- A user needs to check whether the multi-user mode is active or not. If you have to turn on the user mode, then switch it to single user mode.
- You need to check that the mapped file location is valid or not.
You may Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- Firstly, for opening the product information window, you need to press Ctrl+1 on the keyboard and then find the mapped path and save it.
- Select the help and update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab and check that the information in Download location is correct or not.
- Also, ensure that the drive in the download location should be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window if Shared Download is set to Yes.
- In case you find that the location is incorrect, then you need to change the state of the location and choose one of the following.
- Choose the No option for Shared Download if ‘Yes’ is already selected for Shared Download.
- Click on Save but if ‘No’ is selected for shared download then you need to choose Yes. Afterward, click on Save.
- Now, Select Close and download the latest tax table again.
- If the download location is not correct, then you need to remap the drive to a new letter.
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks Company file.
- After this, you need to remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file by using a new mapped-drive letter.
- After this step, Select the Help button and then update QuickBooks.
- Now, click on the Options tab.
- Turn the shared download radio button OFF and then ON.
- You need to check that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on Save and then click on Close.
- After the process, download the latest tax table again.
- If you continue to have trouble with Windows Vista, you need to run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator.
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon and choose Run as Administrator from the Desktop.
- When the User Account Control asks you to run the application, you need to select continue.
- After this, reset QuickBooks Desktop updates.
If after performing the above solutions you still encounter the error message, then you can contact at QuickBooks error helpline number.