The ever-annoying QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034 is back again? Then the annoying period is over as this article is here for your rescue. The following article is going to acknowledge you about the whereabouts of the error, its cause, and solutions.
Whereabouts of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS034:
This error mainly occurs when you are updating QuickBooks payroll.
The error cites- Error Ps034: When Downloading Payroll Updates.
A user has not registered QuickBooks or the company file is damaged or corrupted.
Followed by an option to fix the problem, the choice to follow the error popup remain with you as there might be situations that the problem is reoccurring even after selecting the start option, in that case, you should follow the solutions mentioned in the article or go for professional supervision like that of QuickBooks Error Support number.
Causes of QuickBooks error PS034-
- The tax table or payroll files invalid.
- Billing information provided is incorrect or not valid.
- Because of corrupted QuickBooks company files.
- The Intuit is unable to reach the requisite files due to invalid files or network failure or drops.
Solutions to raid the annoyance.
Solution 1: Restart to regain controls
- Log out from your QuickBooks account.
- reboot your computer and all the related database.
- Once after the reboot is successful, relog into your QuickBooks account
- Close the background apps if any.
- restart the update again.
You May Also Read: How To Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 2: Check if you are a registered user
- Start with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- To check the product information that is you are a registered user or not, press function key F2
- The product information window will popup, the topmost entry will display registered if you are a registered user of QB Desktop.
Solution 3: Check for new updates and information
Go to the official QuickBooks website.
Log in to the QuickBooks website using the correct credentials.
Check if there are any newly released updates of QuickBooks.
If any download the new updated to remove compatibility errors.
Solution 4: Scanning files and your computer
Scanning the files involved in QuickBooks and payroll updates might save your time and efforts as it will detect the harmful files and harness you from following other steps.
Use Windows Virus and threat protection to run a selective scan of the files and folders involved in QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Altering your user account controls
Switch off the user account controls before starting the updates:
- Firstly, go to start > type in the search box – Change user account control settings > turn the settings off.
- Try re-updating QuickBooks payroll again.
- After the update is successfully done, turn the user account controls settings on.
Solution 6: Check your anti-virus or firewall settings
Due to advanced protection settings, this might be a case that your firewall settings or anti-virus software setting are blocking the updates in order to protect your PC.
You may either switch off the firewall settings or whitelist QuickBooks and payroll to avoid future similar errors:
Go to start > search for firewall settings > manage exceptions > add program or software to the list > from the displayed list select QuickBooks and payroll or search for them.
Or you may directly switch off the firewall settings until the updates are carried out.
The same goes for your externally downloaded or installed anti-virus software.