Once after coming across this error, you might think, is this for real? Where in world did QuickBooks license properties vanish? Well, you don’t have any need to start anymore as the following guide to resolving the QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118, will also acknowledge you about the possible cause and description of the error.
Description of QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371, Status Code 11118 –
The error roughly tries to inform you about possible missing and unknown license files – ‘Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Desktop Error code 3371, Status Code -11118 – QuickBooks could not load the license.
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 3371, Status Code 11118-
- When the Windows system has not been installed properly.
- Because of a damaged QuickBooks company file, you may come across QuickBooks Error 3371.
- QuickBooks needs a reinstallation or repair.
- The files required for initialization of the license are not available or missing due to known or unknown causes
- Possible malware or virus attack (unknown cause)
- Your anti-virus software setting or firewall settings are not allowing to reach the files for initialization of the license.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 3371, Status Code 11118:
1: Make sure there are no Windows related issues:
If some of the other system-related errors other than QuickBooks are popping and their possible root cause is Windows and its weariness then it’s a sign that you need to check if your Windows is original and not corrupted or pirated.
Look out for new and latest updates and keep your Windows updated to resolve any compatibility issues of QuickBooks and your Windows.
2: Reinstall or repair QuickBooks:
You have a suggestion to create a backup file before following the below-mentioned step.
Go to start > search control panel > go to programs in control panel > search for QuickBooks > click once and locate the requisite option of either to go to modify and then repair or uninstall.
3: Try QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
This Tool helps you to meet your requirement to itself repair the QuickBooks errors relating to .NET Framework, MSXML (it needs to retrieve the license data from QuickBooks), and C++ issues. they will be suggested running the QuickBooks Install tool before instead:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download, install and run the QuickBooks install tool
- start with downloading and installing QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
- when prompted, save the file on your desktop.
- Avoid the functioning of not requisite background tasks and functions to avoid distractions.
- When once you have done with the procedure, run the diagnostic to remove the possible glitches and errors issues.
4: Check for fresh malware attacks:
There might be a possibility that a fresh malware or virus attack could have affected the QuickBooks license file, leaving it damaged or corrupted.
To check if that’s the case use Windows virus and threat protection, in this case, you may specifically select the file or you may scan you do a full scan.
5: Updating Windows OS
- First of all, click on the ‘Windows logo‘.
- After that, choose ‘All Program‘ and then choose ‘Windows Update‘.
- Once you have done with the installation process, click on Install QuickBooks.