Have you encountered QuickBooks Error 2753 while working on QuickBooks? This is one of the most common QB errors and you may wonder what is wrong with your QuickBooks. At the end of this article, you will get the answer to all the unanswered questions regarding this error. There are situations where you are compelled to uninstall QuickBooks from your PC. This is one such case. You can have your files safe during this process, so there is nothing to worry about your data. All you have to do is to use Super Clean Install to resolve QuickBooks Error 2753 easily.
Why does QuickBooks Error 2753 Occur?
You have to know the reason why it occurs to resolve it. Knowing the reason behind the error also helps you to be careful next time. The reason why QuickBooks Error 2753 occurs is given below
- The file exe is not launched or it is not marked for installation. This is the Database server manager used in multi-user mode.
We can resolve this error using Super Clean Install. It can also resolve problems regarding the database manager configuration issues.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 2753 using Super Clean Install?
Before moving to the solution, you must make sure to note down the following facts.
- Firstly, you have to perform the process as the system administrator
- You will have to uninstall all the Desktop versions of QuickBooks
- Make sure no one else is trying to get access to QuickBooks when you are trying to resolve the error
- You should not rename Intuit folders if you are using Pro and DMS
You May Also Read: How to fix Quickbooks Desktop error 15106
Now follow the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 2753
- After that, you have to close unnecessary programs by Restarting your computer.
- Now you need to have the backup of your data before uninstalling, so take a backup of the window registry.
- You can uninstall QuickBooks now and you are good to go for the next step.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end all QuickBooks processes such as QBCFMonitorService, QBDBMgr, QBDBMgrN, QBPESEVNT08R, QBW32, and QBWebConnector.
- Now you have to rename all Intuit folders to old that have been listed below.
C:\Program Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit (64-bit)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit (64-bit).
- When you are done with the above step, Rename the windows registry by following the below process.
- Press Windows+R to open the Run
- Type Regedit, and click OK.
- A window opens; there you have to Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\.
For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node.
- Here Right-click the Intuit folder and Export. You have to Save the file as hkeylocal on your Desktop.
- Right-click the folder, then select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
- Meanwhile, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.
- Right-click the Intuit folder, select Export. Save the file as hkeycurrent on your Desktop.
- Right-click the folder, select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\.
- Check the list, then look for QuickBooks registry entries like QuickBooksDB26,QuickBooksDB27, and QuickBooksDB28. Export, then delete the registry entries. You can use DB26, DB27, and DB28 for export names.
- Now, repeat the last point of the above step for each control set like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\. You can name the exported registry entries as cs1DB24, cs1db25 and so on.
- After completing the above step restart the computer.
- Install QuickBooks again and Start with the oldest to the newest version.
- Finally, make sure that everything works test whether the database manager opens and reboot again.
Open a company file in your QuickBooks and check whether it opens and now you can activate QuickBooks Desktop and you are good to go. This process is long and time-consuming. To be on the safer side get expert guidance at QuickBooks error help number.