QuickBooks Error 15106 is a QuickBooks error that is mainly caused as there are installation or update predicaments in the software. A special message will be passed onto you when this error comes that, “The update program cannot be opened, or the update program is damaged”.
This error must be reconciled by the experts, so to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106, you can make a call to our QuickBooks technical support phone number.
QuickBooks Error 15106 is one of those errors that the user usually faces while downloading the QuickBooks Desktop. An error message pops up that indicates “The update program cannot be opened.”
- The error happens due to two possible reasons. They are as follows:
- Detection of Spy sweeper in the webroot antivirus program
Probably you may not be logged in as the computer administrator that restricts your ability to read or write new files.
Why I’m getting QuickBooks Error Code 15106 on my desktop?
This may happen when you have not configured the update program on QuickBooks. If you have an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription and you’re trying to download QuickBooks Desktop updates, you may get QuickBooks Error code 15106 with the following message:
You can’t access the update program.
Because of the damaged program.
Can I fix QuickBooks error 15106 myself?
Yes! Follow the steps below:
- Stop all programs that are currently running.
- Click the Microsoft Windows Start button >> Settings >> Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the version of QuickBooks you are updating, and then >> Change/Remove button.
- Click Next in the first QuickBooks Installation window.
- Verify that you have selected Repair>> Next >> Repair.
Note: After the repair has finished, Open QuickBooks and click Install Now, QuickBooks has recently downloaded an update window, to install the update. The update should finish error-less.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS033
Ways to Terminate QuickBooks Error Code 15106
To take down QuickBooks Error code 15106, we will share every detail with you.
- Firstly, you should certainly log in as System Admin before making your stepping into the software.
- Secondly, you have to restart your system to have the path to QuickBooks software. In this step, you have to punch in the user name & password which is relevant to the software application.
- Thirdly and most importantly, you have to make a check in your computer for any third-party software which might be causing problems. The third-party software is also the culprit in eruption of the error.
- You can press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys on your keyboard simultaneously to launch Windows Task Manager.
- If you find out any third-party software causing a problem in operating QuickBooks software application.Then, in that case, you can go for “Add/Remove Programs” to terminate the error.
- If nothing happens after the said steps, then, you should proceed to your system’s C drive. From that drive, you should change the name of “download<nn>” file to “download<nn>.old”. And now reset the update.
What does QuickBooks Error 15106 mean in Enterprise Edition 2021, how do I resolve?
If you get a QuickBooks Error 15106 message 15106 try the following.
- Run Reboot.bat.
- Start again your desktop. Re-open QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can install an update by clicking Install Now. An option provided by the developers.
- If you are still incompetent to install the update, delete and download the update once more.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop >> Help menu >> Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab >> Reset the updates check-box.
- The steps you have to go are like these. First of all, you have to choose the Select option. Then, move onto Get Updates. This option will surely re-download the updates.
- You have to relaunch the QuickBooks Desktop as soon as the download is complete.
- Lastly, you have to fetch the option named as QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window. Then, you have tochoose “Install Now” option.
Our QuickBooks Support
To conclude this blog, we would like you to dial our number and get the right answers from our team for your resolution. Our team is prominent in handling QuickBooks Error 15106.