While accessing and running operations on QuickBooks, small and medium-sized business users are able to perform a variety of functions that bring about ease in routine accounting and billing tasks. Sometimes, users may face QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058 that can obstruct these operations and may even lead to larger problems, such as the computer hanging or crashing, or a need for a reinstallation of Windows that runs the risk of losing sensitive data from your computer. The ‘PS’ titled error codes are generally related to the payroll setup and require a different set of solutions to be followed to resolve it.
The following article focuses on one such PS error, namely, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058, and offers an explanation on why the error occurs and what can be done to rectify it.
Why am I facing Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058?
This error is regarded as a generic one and usually occurs while an update related to the payroll is being downloaded. The problem can be a hardware or software-related error. The installation process involves multiple stages, and there is a risk of facing this error at each of these steps. The reasons include:
- An error during the copy of company files into the hard drive
- A corruption that has entered the files during decryption, using Internet Explorer
- An error while using QBD to install the files
You May Also Read : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 – How to Fix?
How do I resolve Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058?
Before following the steps given below, users need to make sure that the QuickBooks payroll subscription is activated, and there is no discrepancy regarding the same.
Download Payroll update
- Complete a successful download of the latest payroll update. Ensure you are always accessing the latest version of the update.
- Open the QuickBooks application
- Click on Help and then click on Update QuickBooks
- You should be able to see a bar titled Options. Click on it
- Click on No to shared download, and then Save and Close
- Finally, download the update.
- You can also ensure that you have downloaded the latest update for QuickBooks by closing the application and running it as an administrator.
- Follow the same steps as above, but on the Options list, click on Select All and then Save and Close.
- After downloading the software, reboot your computer
Check errors in the Company File
- Open the QB application and press the F2 button
- A Product Information pop up should open. Now press F3
- In Tech Help, click on Open File
- Double-click log
- Scroll down this page until you see Error written in any of the lines. Note that it may be a long document to scroll through
You may now see an error code that is adjacent to the word Error. Troubleshoot this error on the QuickBooks community page online, or feel free to contact the QuickBooks support center at any time.
If you have accessed RegCure as a cleaner application,
- Close QB
- Open Task Manager on your PC.
- You should be able to see exe and qbdagent2002.exe running. Close both these programs
- Search for bat on the search bar in Windows Start
- Run the file and close it once it completes its processing
- Restart you QuickBooks application
- Download the update for the payroll once more
What more can I do to resolve Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058:
If you face any difficulties in any of the steps mentioned above, you can refer to your error on the QuickBooks community webpage and seek assistance on the forums. For faster and quicker service catered to your needs, you may also feel free to contact QuickBooks at their support center helpdesk. The number is available throughout the day and can be reached by any user from any location or time zone. Contact QuickBooks Support Helpline