QuickBooks is an accounting bookkeeping software where all users can maintain and prepare financial reports instantly and automatically. These are all H series errors, QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, or H505 is the most common Error Code & arises when a user tries to attempt to work with company files that are located on another computer and that computer demand extra installation and setup, QuickBooks H202 Error mostly comes when there is some networking issue just because of firewall, in this situation We should always check which security antivirus we are using as its own firewall always block database manager to communicate with other computers.
You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202 error)
You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and that computer needs additional installation and setup. (H101, H303, and H505)
If one computer has these QuickBooks errors (QuickBooks problems), you usually fix the H101, H202, H303, and H505 QuickBooks errors (QuickBooks problems) by getting a connection with TCP/IP settings. Do not use the steps below unless more than one computer has H101, H202, H303, and H505 QuickBooks errors (QuickBooks problems).
The causes of QuickBooks H Series Errors:
- Hosting configuration settings are wrong.
- A firewall is blocking communication in or out.
- Damaged or wrong ND file.
- QuickBooks cannot get the IP address of the company file host system.
QuickBooks Error Code H303 comes when your company file is located on your computer and required for an additional configuration. The main reason for errors H101, H303, and H505 is that while attempting to access the company file located on multi-users mode and the system needs to install and make their settings correctly.
Various Factors at which ‘H’ series error occurs as:
- Configuration hosting is completely in the wrong format.
- A firewall gets blocked if when communicates in or out.
- .ND files are incorrect or get damaged.
- QB firewall ports were not set as properly.
- DNS settings in a QB application are improper.
- QuickBooks services are not started properly manner.
- The problem facing in obtaining an IP address of a system.
- All settings of the hosting configuration are incorrect.
- There is a chance that you can’t access QB services.
To resolve these QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, and H505 please follow one of these given solutions:
Solution 1: First need to verify QuickBooks Hosting settings
- Firstly, start QuickBooks software on your computers
- Now, on the Client Computers, select the File and then Select Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration.
- Finally, on the Host Computer Turn on hosting by going to File > Utilities > Host Multi-User Configuration and now Restart QuickBooks on both the computers.
Solution 2: Configure Windows Firewall Settings
- Make a connection to the Key Firewall settings.
- Then on a left-hand side, select the right click on the Outbound rules, or choose the option as New rule.
- Then choose ports option and then click to the next heading.
- Now select as TCP under the specific local ports dialog box.
- Now click to the next option and then a user needs to choose to allow the connection.
- After this, give aright click to enter a name under the name field, for instance, QB ports and then click to the finish option.
- In the end, repeat all steps as described above for inbound rules.
- Finally, open your QuickBooks software into other multi-user modes.
Solution 3: Create a new folder for the company file
- At the hosting computer, create a new folder,
- Share the folder
- Provide Security Permissions to allow access to the folder
- Copy the company files to the new folder.
- Open your company files in multi-user mode.